Qualifications, Experience & Interests
- Over 12 years professional work experience
- University of Toronto Honours BA, Post Graduate Certificate Conestoga College
- Client management, customer service, marketing, project coordinating
- Hearings Officer, Administrative Assistant/Law Clerk/Office Coordinator/Paralegal
- Licensed Paralegal (P1): Law Society of Ontario
- Commissioner of Oaths
- Meeting and fostering relationships with clients, medical and legal professionals, and the general public
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Quickbooks, Adobe programs and more
- Research and drafting documents
- Fluency in English, Romanian; basic Spanish, some French
- Interests: Photography, outdoor family time, sports, art, volunteering
Professional & Academic History
I am a Virtual Assistant and Consultant based in Rockwood, Ontario. I consider myself to be a reliable professional ready and able to further your business goals whether it be with administrative duties, marketing and branding or as a process server. Previously, I worked as a paralegal and law clerk in civil and family litigation; I am a licensed paralegal (P1 license) with the Law Society of Ontario. I have a Bachelor of Honours in Law and Sociology from the University of Toronto and also graduated with Distinction, with a Post-Graduate Certificate, from Conestoga College.
I had the opportunity to work overseas in the United Kingdom for the national regulator for Social Services as a Hearings Officer/Committee Services Administrator, specializing in tribunal style hearings. Previous opportunities included administrative positions, digital editing coordinator and office coordinator.
With over 12 years of relevant work experience, I am used to meeting hard deadlines, meeting with clients, working with witnesses, the general public, with legal and medical professionals, adjudicators and vulnerable groups. I consider myself to be a diligent worker with a strong work ethic.
While working in the United Kingdom, I volunteered for Victim Support, a charitable organization, supporting victims of crime. During that time, I had the honour of meeting The Princess Royal, Princess Anne, daughter of Queen Elizabeth, and briefly discussed victim support systems.
At home in Ontario, I volunteered my time for animal welfare and promoted martial arts by teaching young children. I am a 1st degree Black Belt in judo, a national silver and bronze medalist, a provincial champion and was part of the Canadian National Judo team. I was also a rower with the University of Ottawa for a season.
Presently I am pursuing photography and outdoor activities with my family in my spare time either in Rockwood or on Rice Lake.